Annual Performance of the Branch is reflected in the Annual Report which is presented in the Annual General Meeting. Annual report for the year ending on 31 December 2012 is as follows.
TO THE MEMBERS’ OF SOCIETY FOR THE WELFARE OF THE
INTELLECTUALLY DISABLED (SWID)-BANGLADESH, DHANMONDI BRANCH.
We have audited the Accompanying Balance sheet of the Society for the Welfare of the Intellectually Disabled [SWID] Bangladesh as on December 31, 2012 and the related Income and Expenditure Account, Receipts and Payments Account for the year ended as on that date together with the accompanying notes thereto.
Respective responsibilities of the Management and Auditors:
The preparation of these financial statements together with the notes thereto is the responsibility of the management. Our responsibility is to express an independent opinion on these financial statements based on our audit.
Basis of Opinion:
We have conducted our audit in accordance with Auditing Standard issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh. These standards require that we plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the financial statements are free of material mis-statement.
An audit includes examination, on a test check basis, of evidence supporting the amount and disclosures in the financial statement. It also includes an assessment of the accounting principles used and the significant estimates and judgment made by the management in the preparation of these financial statements of whether the accounting policies are appropriate to the Society’s circumstances consistently applied and adequately disclosed as well as evaluating the overall financial statement presentation.
We believe our audit provides a reasonable basis for our opinion.
In our opinion, the financial statements prepared in accordance with Bangladesh Accounting Standard give a true and fair view of the Society’s affairs as of December 31, 2012 and of the result of its operation for the year then ended and comply with the applicable laws and regulations.
We also report that:
- We have audited books of account of School accounts for period from January 2012 to April 2012 as the Books of Account of the School accounts for the period from May 2012 to December 2012 could not be produced to us.
- We have obtained all the information and explanation which to the best of our knowledge and belief were necessary for the purposes of our audit and made due verification thereof.
- In our opinion, proper books of account as required by law have been kept by the Society so far as it appeared from our examination of these books.
- The Society’s Balance Sheet, Income and Expenditure Account, Receipts and Payments Account dealt with by the report are in agreement with books of account maintained by the Society as examined by us ;and
- The expenditure incurred was for the Society’s activities.
G. MOSTAFA & CO. | Chartered Accountants
Dated: Dhaka, February 18, 2013.